If you are struggling with web application complexity and looking to break free from your legacy spaghetti nightmare, join Damjan Vujnovic for this hands-on workshop looking at React and Redux.
React is a clean and elegant way to manage the state of your application. This virtual course will help you learn the skills you need to be productive and write elegant, maintainable code.
Learn how to:
Write robust, elegant, testable and maintainable code
Compose your UIs declaratively
Think about the state of your application in new ways
Appreciate immutability, pure functions and composability
Make your application talk to the server and tame the complexity of asynchronous code
Starts at 9:00 AM BST (8:00 AM UTC)
Our team is happy to discuss other options with you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ref:
Private tuition and large-group discounts are also available. Find out more here.
Who should take this workshop?
If you are an experienced Web Developer and you want to learn how to design, create and maintain complex and modern rich web applications using React and Redux, this is the course for you!
- The big picture
- Declarative vs. Imperative programming
- Components, Components, Components
- Understanding React elements and JSX
- Props as "inputs" to your components
- Stateful components
- Use component lifecycle methods
- Handling DOM events
- Working with forms
- State management strategies
- Inter-component communication
- Presentational and container components
- Encapsule cross-cutting concerns with higher-order components, render props and hooks
- Declarative routing using React Router
- Best practices and common pitfalls
- Challenges of state management
- Using Redux store to encapsulate and manage application state
- Describe state changes with reducers
- Combining reducers using divide-and-conquer approach
- Actions and action creators
- Encapsulate store usage with Provider/connect
- Perform asynchronous operations
- Using thunk middleware